Wednesday, July 06, 2005

We are not an island unto ourselves

I have been away from this blog [and the internet] since my last post here. And--yet I never really was away from my friends and associates. Once we have connected on the human level whether in person, trhough written form, or --by the magic of the internet--a bond is made that is un-breakable.

Just as in our personal lifes,--time and distance can physically sepearte us--but we all remain vividly alive in the hearts and minds of those we have touched and come into contact with.

This fact is even so with those who have pased on from this physical life. Even though ones family, aquantances, and friends are not present-they are never further away than a thought, feeling, or memory. It is like a magic invisible string that connects us to one another. It allows us to pick right up in converstion and intimacy when miles no longer seperate us. It is why we have sincere feelings for those we have never met in person. Once we connect--it is forever.

Just before writing these thoughts, I had visited my friendly forum the "Neighborhood". I was greeted by personal messages and topics by those concerned with my well being and that of my family--by those here in cyberspace--but ever much as real as those in my physical surroundings. And I too cared what was going on with them. I sincerely and passionately care for every member in that littly cyber neighborhood. And--they do as well for me and each other.

I have been visiting my family these past few days. And of course word spreads to old friends and neighbors that I was back in town. We had all aged some. the family babies from 18 monts ago [my last visit] are now taling and walking. Hairstyles and interests have changed for some. But--within minutes of arriving--and after the handshakes, hugs, and greetings---it was as if I had never left. Of course there was catching up to do--but on the spiritual-intimate level --we had never been apart.

None of us are an island unto ourselves. And--the more we reach out and spread ourselves around--the more we affect the rest of mankind. When we uplift anothers heavy heart--the affect transcends that simple act outweards to all the other folks who share that persons life. it is never a simple one to one ratio. It is one to millions.

When we make a decision to manifest love, compassion, and friendship in our own lives---we spread that throughout all we are connected to--but also to all the othersd are connected to. A kind word, a meaningful prayer, a pleasant thought are all compounded. Just as the power of compounding investment captial works in our financial lives--the compunding of good happens in our spiritual lives.

As indiviuals we may seem seperate and unique. But as spiritual beings made in the image of our crerator--we are completely connected to each other. You can take a moment or a month off for self reflection--but you are never really alone.

Now it is time to gather up Yodi and move on to my nieces home. Boy is he getting spoiled on this trip.

No comments: