Wednesday, May 04, 2005

How Can an Educated Doctor Be So Dumb?

I was ent home from the hospital with a list of instructions. One from my attending physician and one from my Neurologist. The attending physician has been working on my bllod pressure situation and the Neurologist on my brain and physical abnormalities.

So I noticed both list had a section about food. It immediatly received my undivided attention since food and drink are two of my favorite pastimes. I love a good cup of coffee, a fine glass of wine and nearly every type of food under the sun.

The problem with the list is that it would take a "sun' about the size of a basketball for my new food list. They could all fit under it with space for a soccer ball or two!

I figure these two Doctors must have flunked or failed to pass a nutrition class while attending medical school. I have decided to bring this fact up to them in a letter. I have a lot invested in the food department. It is one area of my life where I have been allowed to have a savings account. Since I live under a strict vow of poverty, my waistline is all I have to show that I have even existed on this planet. Oh, a few book and published articles from time to time bear my name, and a family and friends know I exist--but my "food and beverage" savings account has always been a comfort and joy.

So tommorow I intend to forward my rebut of their list. These things like all documents must be subject to negotiation.

Yodi, nows that you have licked half my good eye out and have nearly ran a path around the carpet today,--and you are obviously in a good frame of mind--can I have part of your doggy desert?

No comments: