Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm all over the place today until this--

Maybe it is time for a spiritual retreat, maybe I just need more time to reflect. I feel like my life is running 100mph and there are some curves ahead with unknown consequences.
It seems as though once I set my focus on one project, it ignites several more ideas. When this happens I get scattered and the whole creative process breaks down.Yuk!
I was doing some internet research and came upon a blog site for a Jesuit novice who just finished his first year.My mind flashed back several decades to that time in my own life. One cannot but hope that in all the prevailing years that one has made a difference positively in the lives of others. Being a member of the society and as a soldier in the army of Christ offers many opportunities for service. But I will be the first to admit that while creativity and intelligence is a requisite for formal orderly existence in the army, it is also a two sided sword. Discipline and obedience is required. And obedience can stiffle many even of the best layed plans.
The need to encounter the heathens and instill Christianity in "GODS" people necessitates often dangerous and hostile conditions. Intelligence is required to find solutions for the goal at hand. But without "GOD" , his angels, the saints, and a host of prayers--all could be lost in a second. And--despite the forementioned --there are many Jesuit martyrs throughout history.
Today however, the liberal leaning order has fallen dangerously close to loosing their footing as they ally themselves with secular institutions in a way to do their work, but also stay ingrained in a philosophy that impedes the armies original intentions. Going into detail is not important here, but let me be clear in one ideal--"GOD" grants creativity and only partially accepts obedience to others--[outside himself]--if the end results are justified. When obedience hinders the eventual long term outcome then it is time to re-evaluate ones own vows and go it alone.

We live in a world where good can be easily overcome by evil. It is a war for not only Christian ideals, but the very souls of mankind. Good and darkness are engaged and discipline far outweighs obediance at this time."GOD" save us all.

The yearly plight of this novice to integrate his talents into the structure has been an interesting read--worthy of an e-mail. And it has provided me with insight.

"GOD" always seems to be involved however I fumble along. Yodi knows.

No comments: