Thursday, June 09, 2005

The twisted ego conspiracy

Have you ever wondered why you are never content with being ---you?

I call this condition the great "ego conspiracy"

Having this condition requires that you change as many things about yourself as possible so that you can appear to be more important in your life than "GOD". But---what am I saying? That there is actually someone else who is more important than ones self?

Well--yes--I am saying exactly that. In fact I'm going to propose something even more startling to you--[or should I say to the ego that is pretending to be you].

WE--YOU AND ME--WERE NOT CREATED TO LIVE SELF CENTERED LIVES.

Our sole purpose in life is three fold. Very simple. Very uncomplicated. Yet--profoundly important to our future. And what I mean by our future has nothing to do with this mortal existance.

WE ARE CREATED TO PRAISE, REVERE, AND SERVE "GOD" And for no other reason.

Somehow from birth to now--the vast majority of mankind begins to believe that they themselves are "GOD" So they praise, revere, and serve themselves.

As far as I know--we are the only creation of "GOD" that has an ego. The ego has a very important function when used properly. It always seeks to expand what it is concentrated on. It will use 24 hours a day, 365 days a year --using every resource available to that end.

However--since there really is not much of us that deserves praise, reverance, or service--the ego must invent ways to make us what we are not. Just think how most of mankind spend their every waking moment.

Since the ego knows the truth about our "real" purpose--but our free will has given it the power to turn our gaze from "GOD" inward towards ourselves--the ego has come up with this convuluted conspiracy. How do you think the art of "self consciousness" ever came about?

When I began my religious formation I knew deep down that "GOD" was important but I never had considered all the ramifications that resulted from me ever having placed my self interest above him.

Service, praise, and reverance were firmly under the control of my ego. It had created my human personality at the cost of my souls personality.

In order to recover my true self--from my ego self --required complete surrender. There are still skirmishes being played out on a daily basis. So far my one true victory is the realization of the above stated facts.

The surrender required me to come to a very basic fact of mortal existance. That every single other creation around me was a tool in my life to be used for my-- true mission in this life.

I needed to abandon everything my ego had created in order to find myself again. Once I found myself and recovered my true purpose--then and only then did my mortal life find passion.

Once I could look upon all "GODS" creation including myself as existing solely to praise, revere, and serve the creator--I found a unity with "GOD" I realized that I was nothing outside of him. I also came to the realization that through service one finally finds purpose. And a thrid realization was that everything I saw when I changed my gaze from internal to external--"GOD" centered--was a refection of "GOD". I bagan to see "GOD" in everthing.

Why did I ever start this ego conspiracy to begin with? I'm still trying to grasp that little mis-step of my free will. Since it is now baseball season--maybe an anology can be found between the two. I'm trying to learn to hit the ball in play rather than dwell on--- not striking out.

Come on Yodi--lets go get some batting practice.

No comments: