Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Time to re-charge the batteries of my life

Sometimes I think the world is just one big open ended soap opera. And--it is too easy to get caught up in its web if I don't take the time each day to meditate and focus upon what is real and what is fantasy in my life.

The media in all its forms can drown out the simple life and replace it with one full of emotional turmoil surrounding events far removed from my own existance and that lack any value other than a courteous acknowledgement of the chatter being thrown in my direction.

For the past few days I have put myself on a diet of solitude and focus attention on my lifes direction. Staying away from all forms of media input--including this internet device has calmed me and lowered my stress. The reason my sress level was high evolved around the outside world of which I have only a reactive force these days.

After the silence of personal reflection--I believe the quality of any external reaction will be aligned more closely to my own lifes flow.

So--I nows back here with absolutely nothing to comment on media-wise.

Yodi and I will now retire for the evening leaving our blessings and prayers to all.

Goodnight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quote - "The media in all its forms can drown out the simple life and replace it with one full of emotional turmoil surrounding events far removed from my own existance and that lack any value other than a courteous acknowledgement of the chatter being thrown in my direction."


Michael L., the above paragraph you penned is profound! All of us as consumers need to be continuously sharpening our time-management and Media-content screening skills; otherwise we chance stifling our Creator's gentle voice .

Jack