Friday, June 24, 2005

Is the glass half full or half empty

How we choose to view a situation has a big influence on our mental well being. With so many media choices to choose from-- along with instant communication opportunites that cell phones and the internet provide--we are all constantly pounded by opinions from other people abut how things are.

Bad news travel fast and bad news sells newspapers. With that in mind, we all need to learn how to filter out the negative-- bad news opinions of todays communications.

When ever a news report hits the waves, instantly all who hear it begin to fret and worry because of how awful the reports make the issue seem.

Ask ourselves this: How often in our lives has the weather ever been as bad as reported? How often does the worse case scenario that is always reported ever come to be? I read years ago that catsup would cause me to get heart disease. I also read that ham and eggs were bad for me. According to statistics I should already be pushing up dandelines in a grave yard.Well--the good Lord will take me when he is good and ready. I doubt some catsup is going to sway his timing. But it did sell a few papers.

We should all make a vow to look at the sunny side of every drama that is reported to us each day. And remember this--good news they claim just doesn't sell.

That is so ridiculous that it makes me smile. The greatest story ever told--the one about Jesus amd his disciples and the troubles undertaken by early church leaders became the number one selling book of all time. It was called the bible.

I say that we are all so hungry for some good uplifting sides of the daily news that when we do find a tidbit every once in awhile--that we gooble it up like starved puppies.

Speaking of which--Yodi always has a wag in his tale and a happy demeaner. Probably because he can't read. Come on Yodi--tell me a good story with that tail.How do you see things washing out. What is that your tail is saying? I thought so--excellent.

No comments: