Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Supreme "malfunction" Court

As a citizen we are required to live by the rules of law. However--whenever there is a reason to question the "rules"--it ends up in front of the judges of our courts.

Either the representatives we send to congress or our state legislators are incompetant when it comes to clearly writing the laws--or we have fallen into a habit of letting judges determine just what these laws are.

I wonder why the constituion still needs to be interpreted by judges? Were the founding fathers equally inept at clearly writing what they meant--or are judges re-writing what they meant. I suspect the latter.

I'm not a lawyer or constitution expert, but I find it hard to believe that our founding fathers meant to take private property from one citizen and give it to another-- through imminant domain. We can all understand that there are times where a need for private property exists by the citizens-- for highways and structures needed for the good of all. But to take a persons home from them and turn it over to a for profit company just does not fit that mold.

I now see where a person has decided that the land where a supreme court justice lives is needed to build a hotel on. Now this may be revenge over that judges actions on the court case which ruled that local governments could in fact do what I thought was wrong. Take land from a citizen for private [for profit] development.

I just bet that there will never be a way the judges land will be siezed. It just will never happen. He probably already has made the calls to thwart such an attempt.Wow! did I just suggest that a supreme court justice would seek special favors? I'm sorry--but I simply have lost trust in this system.

It would be-- "just"-- to see one of these "justices" on the supreme court-- wiggle like the rest of us.

I also think that if this town--- where the suit was waged-- needs more tax revenue-- Maybe they should not stop with the citizens involved with the lawsuit--. Maybe justice would be served if the elected officials-- involved with this fiasco--had their own homes siezed in the name of tax revenue. Once again--I bet you would never see that happen.

If elected officials and judges were personally affected by some of their actions--in a negative way--maybe the regular citizen would start getting some "just" rulings.

There seems to be a supreme malfunction going on in the highest court of the land. You have to wonder where the axe will srike next.

I would bet that my puppy knows more about justice than what has gone on with this case. The "we the people" part of the country should start at the ballot boxes and through citizen initiatives--the process of returning the "rights" of the citizen--back to the citizen.

I sure have "bet" alot in this piece. But It does look like justice is just a crap shoot anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, FM! Vote for Yodi.