Monday, September 12, 2005

A "Son"bow for Yodi and me

Today I was contemplating Noe [Noah] from the bible and the great flood that snatched away the life of every breathing man and animal that was not safely in the ark.

After the flood waters had receded, "GOD" made a covenant with Noe, hsi sons and all their offshoots. He said that he would never use flood waters to destroy man again.

An interesting note however is twofold. He did not say he would never wipe off the face of the earth his creation mankind in the future and he never said that he would not use floods to get mankinds attention.

"GOD" also gave us the rainbow as a reminder of this covenant. While contemplating this situation, off in the distance I saw a rainbow in the mountain west of my home. The intersting fact is --there were no clouds and rain just perfectly clear skys and a rainbow in the distance.

I think I will call it my encounter with a "Son"bow in honor of his son and his new covenant with me and you.

Let's go Yodi. Maybe there is a pot of wisdom at the end of the bow.

No comments: