Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hillary or Condi?

Pundits are already sizing up these two influencial women as being their respective party contenders for the 2008 elections.

I still am finding pizza bread crumbs under my chair from the November election night I spent glued to the TV as the returns came in for our current President. Are we already tired of him? If he was just going to be a flash in the pan--I would have ordered up the simple cheese pizza that night instead of the deluxe one which was covered with all the goodies.

I want to throw the name of Alfred E. Newman into the circle. I would have voted for him in 1960 if I had been old enough. I felt then and now that he has all the qualities we need in our country for the nations highest office. He is witty, can tell a good joke, has a journalistic background, and has been the fixture of a major news publication for over 50 years.

Every b oy growing up in Olympia received all the news they needed from this worthy publication. We carried our current issue everywhere we went. It was required reading in the balcony section of St Michael church on Saturday night mass. Eddie and myself used to entertain the gathered boys with all the wisdom we had gained from this fine publication. Plus we sprinkled in some "Three Stooges" parodies as added measure.

So--I suggest that Mr Newman be nominated to run for the presidency in 2008. This fixture of "Mad Magazine will do as fine a job as Hillary or condi. Plus--he will get the vote of all his faithful readers who have followed his advice as we have aged together.

Yodi, ---did you see what that spy was up to in the last episode? Pick two. Niukk, niuck!

No comments: